Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Naked Face

by Sidney Sheldon



Finished reading this book on Sunday. Pretty good read but lacking a little of the excitement of his latter books. This was the first book written by Sidney. The progression of characters is a little jagged at times. Also, the growth of the antagonist was not very well-established. But as a whole a wonderful adventure, that was at times frustrating. You really feel for the character of what the hell is really going on, is it in his head or is it really going on. Feels like John Katzenbach's The Analyst, another book which I loved very much. That was more mental though, this was with more grit.

3 comments:

LX said...

I read this before.. but I read quite a number of Sidney Sheldon novels that I cannot remember what the story line was. Was this about the schizo lady?

Sidney Sheldon is a great novelist! I couldn't put his novels down once I pick it up.. there was once I even photocopied the novel 'cos it was just so good! HAhaha..

Lawrence said...

It's about the psychoanalyst which has his patient and assistant murdered, then someone's trying to kill him. Not sure if it's the same one

Yeah, all his books are great.

LX said...

Ok, maybe that's not the one I remembered. I need to re-read to refresh my memory. But I remember reading this during college in Subang.

Which reminds me of the very first time I read a Sidney Sheldon. I was in primary school back in Kuching.. found 'Stranger in The Mirror' in the bookshelf at home. That time still so young.. blur blur.. I think I couldn't really understand the story line. I must re-read that book. That's the only Sidney Sheldon I couldn't really comprehend..