Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Creating Affluence

by Deepak Chopra

I read this book on the weekend and found it quite interesting  It talks about how to create affluence in life, not just in a material way but also for the mind and spirit. I think for myself, having lots of money would not make me that much more happy than if I had enough money. But being poor and not able to support my own living would definitely be sad. So again, the question is how much money would be 'enough'? I mean one would of course like to have a house and a car and live comfortably and not have to worry about money ever. If you do not worry about money, then why would you work in the first place? Seeing that there are so many people working in jobs that they are not happy with, why would they do it? Obviously just for the money from it. So where is the line that you draw of doing something you love and doing it just for the sake of making money. This book I think though might not be solution to these questions, it certainly gives you important considerations to think about and some general guides to what finding your truth. This book is good to have, for reading and re reading. So you would take to heart some of the advice and really know yourself better.

No comments: