Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cosy Street

by Lawrence

Here's the preliminary sketch.


This is based on Br0kenGlass's photo Cosy City on dA as seen here.

                                                                                                                  photograph by Br0kenGlass

Really like this picture because when I see it I think how nice it would be just to relax and be sitting along a street like that and just....well, if I were actually there I probably would be drawing it too! Anyways it's lovely and I would love to live in a place like that. As it is, cosy.

Here are the shades I did, first with the front block, picture below. I thought the bricks turned out alright. I was really happy with the window, that looked really nice.
 Drawing the foliage was a new challenge for me as there were lots of dark areas and the original photo resolution was quite blur. I was actually going for a really exact picture for this sketch, but because it was slightly blurred I had to compromise a bit. But it turned out alright, the experimentation turned out well.


I complete this picture just now and the final sketch can be seen here.

No comments: