Sunday, March 18, 2012

Open: An Autobiography

by Andre Agassi

The tennis fever! My second consecutive book on tennis greats. Agassi has not won as much as Nadal probably but his life is certainly more colourful. He had a tough upbringing from a very harsh tennis father. And one thing strange about Agassi is he has always maintained that he hates tennis, yet he continues to play and excel at the sport, though in tempestuous patches.

I can relate with Agassi and his temperament as much as I could relate to Nadal's. Agassi's life is full of contradiction and bursts of passion and lulls. It gives hope to us 'regular' folk when a God of Tennis like Agassi can be so contradictory about his life, what more to say us. Agassi is an a wonderful person and many can draw from his life lessons and hopefully focus on things that give their life joy and meaning, as well as success.

1 comment:

LX said...

My other friend whom I recommended this book also loved it! In fact it's been really good I believe it was a bestseller for some time..