Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ageless Body, Timeless Mind

by Deepak Chopra

I actually started reading this several months back but have only finished it now. It is a spiritual book and with that, I guess you cannot read it like a fiction. Really had to read it slowly and savour the advice.

This book in its essence, teaches one how to stay young and vibrant. He says a lot of things. And they are all very sensible. But I cannot remember all the things. I just remember three main things. Be in the present, love more, and meditate more. He lays out some very simple things that you can do. The things he says to do are not weird at all, and even if you do not believe in all this ageless body, timeless mind stuff, I think doing them served you well in your day to day things. Such as meditating everyday. Just taking maybe several minutes from each day and just calm yourself and empty your mind and breathe.

I got this book from the library. Now I'm thinking of buying it because it's the sort of stuff you can't really get from reading it just once. You just need to read it over and over till it sticks, and also not force it to stick in the meantime. When you have embodied the lessons here, I believe your life would be one that is richer and more fulfilling.

No comments: