Wednesday, July 7, 2010

With You Always

                                                                                                                            graphic by Zhban4ik
 
I know you love me. I love you too. Maybe you do not know me well.  But I am sure you feel me. Do not be jealous because I am loved by many. I love you as much as the others. Perhaps I should explain better. I shall share with you a little bit about myself, knowing a little of what I am perhaps would help you understand better what I am, love me a bit more for it.

The young ones come to me when they watch scary movies and later when they cannot sleep from nightmares. They look for me under the bed, in the closet, outside their half shut windows. I love children. They are so innocent, so easy to please. Just a little effort, half a shadow or an ugly face, and they are terrified. Lovely, my most appreciative audience.

But you grown ups, oh you silly bunch. Don't think I have forgotten you. You try to put on a strong face but deep down inside I know you feel it. Simple thrills don't do it for you anymore. All the more pleasing for me to be a little creative. The deep lingering feeling when you don't know what lies behind the door. The drip...drip...drip of the faucet late at night when you know there is no one around. Well, that's not quite true. I am around. You walk slowly and quietly towards it. As if that would make any difference. Okay, I will play along. After all, there's much fun to be had in the anticipation. Then you shut the faucet tight, it yields a little and the dripping stops. You turn and get back to your business. But just as you turn, it starts dripping again. Oh what lovely. What ever could it be? You know you shut it tight, heck you just fixed the damn thing several weeks back. You look at it and it stops. You stand there silent listening some more. Then what do I do? I come out of the faucet and strangle you to your watery death, watching your eyes bulge with more and more white and you skin turning purple. You struggle all over in spasms. Or do I emit a sharp edge and slice your throat over and over till your skin is so exposed, there is no more skin, only a lovely crimson patch. But no. I do not do any of those. Don't doubt I can do it, because I can. But  like I said. I love you. It wouldn't be any more fun if you simply just died would it. No, just having you think those things makes me happy enough. Oh, you really love me too don't you. Why else would you think what I would do with you.

You embrace me when you are uncertain, not knowing the future, when they question intentions of others. Oh I am always there for all, cradling you in my arms. Just accept me, I will always be there, whether you like it or not. Even if you don't love me. I will be there.

Hear me out. Let me profess this love to you. At night, I hug you. Some nights lightly, some nights real tight and snug. During the day, I know you are busy. So I keep quiet and let you go about it but when night comes, I will come to you again. I gave you your time, it's not fair you do not tend to me even after your busy day. On your way home, you look to the left and to the right. What are you looking for? I am there always with you. When you walk the dark dingy street, I will walk with you. Along the side walkway, the light brush of the bush which grew astray. It sent a shiver through your arm and down your spine. I felt it too! It felt lovely. I know you thought of me then. You look around, you couldn't see anyone. But you really should know, I was with you.

Oh, sometimes you are so silly. Which makes me love you more. What I love most about you is sometimes you surprise me, you delight me even though I do not even try. Calling me at the most unexpected times, though I am always happy to oblige. I will always come running without fail.

So fear not....I mean do fear. For I will always be with you.

4 comments:

cranberrypuddy said...

Yes, adults, them silly people. I am loving your posts more than ever! They sorta somehow connects to me. And its like i understand them well. =)

p/s: said i'l read em last night, but boy, was i up late studying. :( so checked it out first thing the moment i got back from coll.

Ecner said...

thanks for reading and liking them! :) a bit disconcerting though, how much you understand the stories...seeing there's blood and slashing...

Lydia said...

wow i don like this ....

Ecner said...

cos it's not happy either huh, hahahaha