Saturday, November 19, 2011

What Every Body Is Saying

by Joe Navarro

Finished reading this several days ago, recommended by a friend. A rather good book on reading nonverbal body cues and what they signify. It is written by Joe Navarro who is an ex-FBI agent specializing in this area. It teaches one how to recognize the emotion others are feeling and also what you yourself are feeling given how you react.

I bet I won't remember all the stuff in this book and may warrant several re reads. Some of the things are quite insightful and the techniques in general I believe to be very useful. Well, it gives me an extra thing to do now when I find conversation boring. I do however believe some of the things are not right, as I have caught myself in some certain physical position that are mentioned in this book and I am not feeling how the book says I am supposed to feel. So there are lots of variables that needs to be put together to have a holistic view of what one is feeling.

Overall a good book and really useful if just for one's additional knowledge.

No comments: