Monday, January 18, 2010

Fantastic Mr. Fox


Fantastic Mr. Fox!!!! Yes, fantastic. Reviewing of movies is not what I normally do as I watch so many movies and am too lazy to review every single movie I watch. Thus this is a break from the norm. I am reviewing this movie because it is one of the most fantabulous movies I have ever watched.

This movie is based on the book by Roald Dahl. It is about well, the fantastic Mr. Fox. Mr. Fox is a chicken thief turned newspaper columnist. This switch was because his wife was pregnant and thieving was not a responsible job. But Mr. Fox being a fox and so always had an eye to go with a boom and decided to go for one last masterplan to steal from the three meanest farmers around; Boggis, Bunce and Bean. This plan brought about a change not only to the family but also the whole neighbourhood of animals.

A great movie with everything in it. Also, one point of note. The script is refreshing, witty and charming. Given it was from a children's book, one would expect the 'dumbing down' of things. This is not the case, very wonderfully written script. Also, there are so many layers of storytelling to this that I was never bored. Heck, I was smiling like an idiot at the screen for the whole movie. Watch it. It's good. Very fantastically good.



1 comment:

jazz said...

hey, u change ur blog layout.