Thursday, January 14, 2010

Resolution 2010

I have at this point not been to a good start. One would think to resolve their resolutions by the previous years end and plan for the year ahead. Not I, for lacking of urgency and my naturally languid manner. But better be 14 days late than never.

1. Journal paper publication
I wish for a journal paper to be published by the years end with regards to my vocation, that being mechanical engineering. This being a momentous task for me, as currently the challenges seem insurmountable. However through constant effort and Providence, there is hope that this shall come to past. I shan't think of consequence of otherwise for I invest all my being towards this. Through this too my doctorate shall be on course for completion in 3 years with due diligence.

2. Fiction writing
This is a vocation that I hope will be my ultimate path in life. Such joy I have not known till I recently decided upon writing fiction. Reading has been an undertaking of mine from an early age though the urge to write did not even enter unto me until several months past. I began my journey with much optimism and have employed upon many books to assist me in forming my techniques. It is an ongoing learning process however, and would perhaps take many years before I become sufficiently able to express myself. To achieve this end, I set out to write several short stories and perhaps 1 or 2 book-length stories before the years end. In hope, some shall be published or at the least be given constructive criticism for me to improve upon.

 These being the two foremost resolutions I set for myself. This year shall be much better than last year by the grace of God, as last year was utterly disastrous what with being out of employment for 6 months. That being the worst feeling I have ever to endure. With hope, I look forward to what will be and greet challenges with optimism and accept recognition with humility.


3 comments:

LX said...

Finally!!!

Cereal said...

u sound like the Pope.HAAHAHAH!!!

kthxbai.

jazz said...

you sound so formal ler but good that u're also making some resolutions.