Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Walk Along The River

by Gary the very important person.

Shut up. Please shut up. I am on holiday. This is not the time nor the place. Look at this beautiful place. Look at the river and the boats. Let's not think about anything else and just appreciate the beauty. How beautiful. How wonderfully the river reflects the afternoon sun... I wonder what time it is back home. Must be just after dawn there. That reminds me I better call Mark later and make sure he sends the proposal off today. Or is that tomorrow. I better check my calendar. Oh, I left my organizer back at the hotel, better go...No, No, No. On holiday. Focus. You are here to relax. So relax damn it. Okay, let's just sit down here on the bench and breathe. Deep breaths, deep breaths. There we go. Peace and quiet. I did not drive 8 hours just to be concerned endlessly of work. Smell the fresh air. How perfectly crisp and clean. You'd never get air like this back in the city, no siree Bob. I bet Jim and Daisy never tasted air like this. I will go back and tell them about it. How wonderful it is. I should call them later this evening. Better still, I should take some pictures and put it up on my blog. Then everyone would know how great my holiday is. This has got to be one of the the best holidays I have ever been on... Stop this Gary! Enjoy the moment, enjoy the moment......
.
.
.
.
.
This is not working. I need to call Mark about that proposal.


1 comment:

Cereal said...

You described a workaholic so well!

I no problem zoning out anytime. I can stone even when someone is talking to me and dream of other stuff. HAHAHAHA!