Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Tale of the Body Thief

by Anne Rice

This is the fourth book in The Vampire Chronicles. I skipped pass the 2nd and 3rd book because I read them before and after reading the 1st, Interview with the Vampire, it came back to my memory what the other 2 were about. So no harm just reading the fourth. The synopsis is quite long and you can read it here.

This book is still great. But after the first 3 books, there seems to be some limitation in scope now of the story. This is what I mean. The first book is set from 1790 to the present, second book from the 18th century, third book almost spanning from the beginning of the vampires. This book however is set entirely in the 20th century. So, I am wondering is it the case now that the story is written into a corner. Hopefully not. But I will read through the series and see where this story goes. I like my vampires old and ancient, spanning from ancient times to present. I don't like to read just modern day things. Also after Queen of the Damned, I don't know what kind of story can top that kind of epic. Reading on, Memnoch the Devil next. Book Five.

No comments: