Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2

 2. Easter Saturday


We went go karting! What was even nicer was we went at about 5 pm. So we raced from daylight to sunset to dark. It was 4 4-lap races. But believe me it was quite enough. Really tiring. There's the group. Top L-R: Nic, John, Dean, Francis, Fred, Chai, Helmi.
Bottom L-R: Me, Cynthia, San Wen.

This was my 1st time going for go karting, so it was pretty scary but when we got started that all went away and just wanted to have fun. The karts were twin engine and went to about 100+ km/h, so yeah, thinking about that is pretty crazy, but when you're driving it, frankly it don't feel all that much. But few hours after I finished, I thought, that shit was nuts.

Here's the breakdown. Race 1, we were all pretty much just getting used to the driving and the track and were a bit hesitant to put our foots down all the way through the track, so yeah, was pretty alright. Though Chai spun on one of the corners I think.

Race 2, I started to get more into it and in one of the corners spun off the track onto the sand. Being a bit over enthusiastic going into the corner. Came in 2nd to last. Because after the spin, I stupidly sat there and did not know what to do. Then the guy told me just keep going. Then I did, so that kinda shook me up a bit.

Race 3, This 1 I did alright I think being a bit more conservative. I started 2nd on the grid, and finished 1st cut off the guy that was in first.

Race 4, This race was the most awesome one. I was placed 6th on the grid, Helmi 7th. At one turn he overtook me, then I went all mad crazy and dogged him down. And we were cutting up each other throughout the race. On the last lap, I braked really late on 1 of the corner and slid past him but was again a bit too hard on the accelerator and he slid past me on the 2nd to last corner. And he got past me again.

I think light people have a better advantage, the car accelerates faster. But still, good fun. Hope can get more friends to go next time. Overall, I finished 7th which was not too bad, considering I had 3 spins and 1 off the tracks, lost points from that. great fun.

So after that, went to grab some food. Actually wanted to go to Ciao Italia but they were closed for some reason so went to a Mexican place, which I never been though I passed it a gazillion times. It's just a few minutes from my house! Anyways, it's called The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, after the movie. The portion was humongous. Geez, did not know. So we ordered quite a bit and could not finish it here it is, tacos, enchiladas, etc.








No comments: