Friday, August 27, 2010

3 Idiots

This movie is about 3 friends studying engineering at university and their lives during and after they graduate. There are undertones of social expectation and also every person's journey through life. What experiences we have, what our backgrounds are, the decisions we make and how they impact our future. And the main message is be brave and go with your heart.

This is such a wonderful movie! Actually I have not watched a Hindi movie in ages. Which makes me recall my childhood. I actually never liked watching them, but then my grandma had to watch it every Friday afternoon and Hindi movie beats the hell out of homework so...little by little, I started to love them. Then I don't know, I just stopped watching them again. Because they always had the same story line and the stupid dancing around trees.

Well, this movie is different, surprisingly so for me. The plots were excellent, the dialogue was smart, and the comedy was not overly cheesy. The different stories moving were well-paced, and each intertwining with the other smoothly like a velvety twirl of caramel, wrapped in fluffy creamy chocolate. Okay, maybe I just drifted to thinking of a Cadbury commercial. I digress. This movie is wonderful and I would definitely watch it again. Lovely. Certainly rekindled my love affair with Bollywood.

No comments: