Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bricks of Void

Opulence dims and withers. It has no meaning. What meaning does anything have when there is no value. Things are things, they only fill space. In the moment of heightened senses, everything means nothing and nothing means everything. So trapped inside these four walls, I begin to think.

These four walls., they do not falter. They are strong to protect me, to give me security. But it also holds me in, keep me comfortable. I dare not venture outside, what is out there. I am comfortable here so just leave me be. Outside it may be better but do I dare risk, for I am in no need of anything more.

I am closed in but what is holding me in. Nothing. Only the cages in my mind which I cannot break. They are more impenetrable than the solid walls enclosing me. It is that I do not believe, trapped in self-imposed boundaries. The room seems tiny that it suffocates me. I cannot breathe. I cannot move. I am fixed in place, I stare at the closed space and just see limitations. I see no possibilities. With the compression, I am tiny. I am insignificant.

Crushed to nothingness now, the same room then seems so large, so vast, so empty. I am alone in this great big nothingness. I reach out for the ceiling, it is too high to touch. I touch the ground, it is cold and foreboding. I touch the walls, they are unyielding.

I am lost...miniscule in infinite space....clumsy and tangled in a complex web of my own weaving. I am forever looping in a broken track droning the message, these four walls which I will never fill and I will never be free of. In the end, all there is, the space I cannot fill.

No comments: