Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bloodline

by Sidney Sheldon

This is a story about the Roffe family, a wealthy family who owns a large pharmaceutical company. Their annual profit is more than that of several countries combined. Sam Roffe, president of the company has died in an accident while climbing Mont Blanc and the whole Roffe empire is now left to his only daughter, Elizabeth Roffe. There is increasing pressure on all the other Roffes to make the company go public. The other Roffes are desperate and would go to any length to make this happen...even murder.

So I just picked to read this now because felt like something pacey. And yes, it really was! I started reading Monday evening and finished Thursday. Actually i finished the last 200 pages in about 2-3 hours. So that's how riveting it was. It is typical Sheldon but I wanted much more from some of the characters, because they were such wonderful characters. And the ending could have been a bit more conclusive. Nonetheless, it was quite good.

One side note, I just realize that Sheldon novels are a lot like soap operas. I would say like novelas, because those are always so much more intriguing and the people are hotter. So I guess Sheldon's books are sort of like soap books. But I still like them.

No comments: