Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Little Prince

by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

I read this book for the second time, and it was as lovely as the first time. It is a story about a Little Prince from another planet that visits Earth and finds a pilot that has crashed in the desert. This book is the account of the pilot of meeting this strange boys. The pilot writes this story down lest he forgets his time with this strange but wonderful prince. The original story is in French, called Le Petit Prince.

I really love this book. Second time around because I still remember the story roughly, I found it less sad than the first time I read it. Because it was sort of like meeting an old friend again rather than the loss of a friend. One does feel the longing and sadness of losing a friend when reading this book (first time round), but second time around one feels the joy in cherishing the memory of such a wonderful character. I would definitely read this book again and again from time to time. One should never forget to see the elephant in the boa, and not a hat in a child's drawing.

No comments: